Our Commitment to Staying Safe
At Anthony’s Key Resort, our priority is the overall health and safety of our guests and employees. As the Coronavirus remains a global public health concern, we want to let you know what we are doing to keep our resort as safe as possible.
We take hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and have always adhered to the highest standards. Now, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. Our health and safety measures include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications, to guests rooms and common area cleaning procedures.
Our protocols address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19. Specific additional steps we are taking include:
Employee Health, Safety, and Knowledge:
Resort employee’s health, safety, and knowledge are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Daily Screenings: All employees are required to participate in daily temperature checks.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our staff meetings, we remind our team that cleanliness and stopping the spread of the infection starts with this simple act. We have handwashing signage placed in strategic areas for reinforcement and reminders.
- Respiratory Etiquette: Includes wearing masks and/or face shields. We ask that if an employee shows any cold or flu symptoms to let us know and not report to work until cleared by a physician.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to enhancing the training of housekeeping in hygiene protocols, all employees are completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
We use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including COVID-19:
- Guests’ Rooms:
- We have implemented advanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols to sanitize rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Enhanced sanitation protocols include spraying with electrostatic spraying machines after guests depart and before the next guest arrives.
- We provide housekeepers with protective face masks, hairnets, and gloves to use while cleaning.
- Public Spaces:
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms, boat rails, handrails, even room keys.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available at the entrances of all high-volume public areas such as the front desk and dining room.
- Sanitation mats are placed at the entries of highly trafficked locations throughout the property.
- Enhanced sanitation protocols with electrostatic spraying machines. These machines evenly disperse hospital-grade cleaning agents, disinfecting even hard-to-reach places; ensuring that heavily-trafficked areas, receive deep-cleaning frequently.
- Back of House: In the back of the house, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like doorknobs, laundry rooms, storerooms, and staff offices.
- Dive Equipment Rentals: All rental equipment is adequately cleaned and disinfected so that transmissible pathogens are killed. Among the procedures we follow are:
- Regulators and snorkels are washed in a separate basin from wetsuits and other equipment, using an antiseptic solution.
- We use the recommended bleach solution of 1:100 dilution for disinfection, and the recommended submersion time of 30 minutes observed.
Onsite Medical Clinic:
The Cornerstone Hyperbaric Chamber and Medical Clinic are located on the property. The clinic is staff with three doctors, one pharmacist, two lab technicians, and 24/7 on-call medical personnel. We’ve ensured that the clinic is equipped to include the appropriate equipment and supplies needed to address new protocols.
We use privately owned buses for transfers for all guests. We will reduce the number of guests transported to ensure proper social distancing. All buses will be supplied with sanitizer for use by each guest when boarding and vehicles are sanitized before and after every trip.
Anthony’s Key has always been about natural surroundings. Guests enjoy plenty of space between them when staying in individual bungalows spread out on the 9-acre private Key. Our main dining room and bar is open-air and brings in fresh breezes from the ocean. And now, we’re introducing new ways to encourage our guests to maintain safe social distancing while still providing a relaxing resort experience.
- Extended meal times.
- Safe distance table setups in our restaurant and bar.
- Reduced buffet service.
- No self-service at buffets.
- Expanded dive boat departure times.
- Reduced divemaster to diver ratios.
- Guests can check-in online, letting them skip the Front Desk and go straight to their room upon arrival.
- Plexiglass barriers are installed at key interaction points, such as reception desks and cash registers.
- Social distancing signage is posted throughout the property as reinforcement and reminders.
We hope this reassures you about the preventive action we take to reduce the spread of germs and to ensure our guests’ health and safety when they are in our resort.