- The portable Gpacers Poseidon Tracking and Rescue System, known as GPT. The GPT devices provide divers with a real-time, long range, location index, mesh networking capacity and smart safety monitoring services. This fully autonomous system can be easily deployed in any remote area when needed.
- Unlike other safety equipment only sends a distress signal after hazard occurred, it is unclear who will receive the signal and if a rescue operation will be launched.
- However, the GPT devices perform safety monitoring tasks before starting activities with multiple precautionary alerts for taking preventive measures to avoid danger.
- GPT system can be applied to group activities such as sailing team, mountaineering team and army, multi-point to multi-point monitoring allows each member to know the status of others all the time.
- Alerts can be sent by a diver in distress or used with a smart set up to include precautions for
(1) diving outside a certain zone
(2) a poor or lost signal
(3) vessel proximity notification.
All data is recorded and can be replayed or shared later for additional analysis.